1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question of the day!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ocean Side, Dec 13, 2006.

Return Trips to Residentials

1. included in base price

13 vote(s)
  2. 1/2 of base price

7 vote(s)
  3. same price per push

54 vote(s)
  1. Ocean Side

Ocean Side Member

Return trips, you plowed your trigger, 3or 4" lets say, it snows another 3-4"

Included in 1st charge?

1/2 of 1st charge?

Same price per push?

This does not include salt or sand!
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

ive tried a few ways of pricing this year..... the one i like the best seems to be a set price for up to 11" the a foot or more is double the "up to 11 inch" price
  3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

If we got 4 inches, i plowed, then got another 4 inches....personally i charge for 8 inches. Not 2 pushes even though it technically was. Just because i plowed half way through the storm, the customer shouldnt hafta pay twice. If i charge by the inch...we got 8 inches, thats what theyre paying for.

Like MCW said about the over a foot thing,....about half my residentials are set up that upto 12" is one price and over 12" is double. The customers have an option of which way they want to be billed.

Now if they call for another push, thats a different story
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2006
  4. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I generally plow to keep up with the storm then check what the total is, if it's under 6" I charge for the storm total, over 6" they get charged each time I'm there.
  5. Ocean Side

Ocean Side Member

Now are you charging more for a storm total, a lets say $30 account $35 for a storm instead of 30 per push or 30/15 ???
  6. DJ Contracting

My smallest account is $45, and they get charged $45 for under 6" and $75 for 7"-10" and up from there, now this is a smaal commercial lot not res.
  7. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I charge per storm up to 8". Then I charge per inch over 8" at the rate of (Storm Charge/8)
  8. kingplow

kingplow Member

we charge per push if we get an inch in the morning we charge them for a plow if we get another inch later in the day we charge them for another plow if we have to do it twice we charge twice but we only do commercial lots we might be switching over to all seasonal next year due to lack of snow payup
  9. DJ Contracting

Lack of snow you guys got hit as hard as we did up here in Bay City last year didn't you, heck we haven't even got into winter yet.
  10. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Our price stays the same even if it snows 30"s
  11. ECS

ECS Senior Member

If you plow twice you should charge twice.
  12. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

charge by the hour and it dosent matter how many times you have to plow it. The way I look at it, if you get 3 inches and you plow and it takes you 1 hour to compleate the job, then it snows another 3 inches and you do it agian and charge another hour, if you would have waited for the total 6 inches to plow it it would have taken you 2 hours to complete, so whats the big problem? It all works out in the end. Im not saying that It would have taken me another hour to move 6 inches of snow rather then 3, but it would have taken me longer to move then just 3, and we charge minumum of 1 hour for every hour. Most of our custmers want us to keep them cleaned out anyways. Everythings by the hour, if where there for 15 minutes, its 1 hour billed. I could see where that probably wouldent work for residentials, but where all big commercial accounts.
  13. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

If it snows another 3" its the same as the qouted price. Why would I do it for less? :rolleyes:
  14. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Everybody has their own pricing policies, but I myself would charge for 2 full pushes in a situation like that.
  15. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

A push is a push.;)

Get paid accordinly.. :nod:

Stop feeling like your responsible for it snowing.:nono:
  16. diehrd

diehrd Senior Member
    from NY

I plow only residential driveways,In my area it is 2 tips a day every 3 inches.I have a seasonal price and stay within 2 miles from my office and cover about 35 to 40 driveways..

I wish I could charge the prices i am seeing here in this thread LMAO....I could plow in the winter and take the rest of the year off with 40 driveways :)

Hmmmm 35 a push times 40 a cool 1400 for 90 minutes work,,DO that 25 times a season and holy crap 35 grand. Where can I relocate for this type of plow income ???????
  17. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Juneau? Moscow? Not in the Northeast, that's for sure!
  18. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

I just do driveways....My problem is, I will do a drive before the town plow does the road and when they come, they fill in the end of the driveway....I redo this for free. Maybe, I am a sucker for this, but it is mostly older people that I do this for, so I feel sorry for them. I dont depend on the money, so I guess if I did, it would be different.

As for doing a driveway twice, I try and wait for the snow to end, unless they call and need it done.........Maybe, I am not cutthroat enough......................
  19. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

each visit is one price
  20. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

Residentials are charged a min of $25 per push up to 6" and only after storm is over or there is 6" on the ground and residentials get done last. So if the forecast is for 8 -10" I would plow the Residentials when there was about 6" on the ground and then finish up once again the next day with another charge.