1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question MM2

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Jak, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Jak

Jak Junior Member

Got a question. My idiot landlord just came up with a new rule for where I live. No Snow Plows. Needless to say I'm major p'd I just bought my plow last year, hopefully I can get him to let me keep mine but we'll see. Now to my question or questions. 1) can I sell just the plow itself? and leave everything under the hood? and the push plates? and 2) what would be a good price for a MM2 7'6" LD it's on my 03 Dakota, you folks have probly seen my pics on the Fisher section.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Get him to define that? No plows on the trucks? No plows in the lot?

Do you want to get out of plowing?

If not find a landscaper or other business with a secure lot. Ask them if you can pay a small rent and keep you plow there when you are not using it.

3. Jak

Jak Junior Member

Na, no plows, no plowing period . . unless it's them. I'd like to keep plowing, I enjoyed what little I did last year. I'm thinking what it comes down to is the boob that the park contracted to plow last year tore huge gashes into peoples lawns with his plow an busted a few water shutoff's, ect that the park just decided no plows. I'm hoping I'm jumping the gun, I've never had any problems with the owner before, so I'm hoping he'll let this slide.

4. Indy

Indy Senior Member

No plows allowed

Jac,

You say landlord, right? Does your written lease prohibit commercial equipment or is he singling you out? Do other commercial vehicles park where you park? What makes them different than you?
    Thats the legal part, it's that he is changing the written lease after you both signed it, Judge Judy would eat his lunch.

do you have an option to park close but not on his property? Little more walking but you get to keep your plow.

OR

Would he assign a specific spot for you, more out of the way so your plow isn't on the side walk or sticking out, in exchange for you being on site to do his plowing, make him your first and last account. so you clean, go do whatever and when you come back you touch up and stay on call to "help keep his property safe", he might like that.

But yes you can sell, plow or plow and mount or plow, mount, wiring & controls,.......I wouldn't be the guy to help with price, but I am sure somebody will help you with this, good luck.

JMO, good luck

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I would move to the land where plows are free to roam!

6. Jak

Jak Junior Member

Na, it came in everyones mail. Unfortunately they gave a thirty day notice to the change, though I'm not sure how it would go with me since I renewed my lease back in July. Like I say maybe I'm jumping the gun, but it don't hurt to feel things out ahead of time if I do have to sell it.

7. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

Did you sign a lease agreement, if so then he's in breach of contract and then tell himt to go fawk himself. :drinkup:

8. tattooedplower

tattooedplower Member

Read the fine print real carfully. My fiance is a property manager and deals with leases and rights of the tenants all day long. Her leases have a section in which it states that the lease can be ammended at any time with no notice to the tenant, everyone likes to fight about new additions until they realize that their signature is on the lease. I'm not sticking up for the landlord cause most of them are on power trips , but alot of tenants will destroy the property if the landlord doesn't have rules and make some new ones up as situations arise. Double check your lease and if things don't look right to you, go from there. Good luck, hope you get to keep your plow!!!

9. tattooedplower

tattooedplower Member

Another thing, I can see if he doesn't want it stored there, it's his property. But if it's hooked to your truck he can't do **** about it. That be like telling you that he doesn't want brushguards on his property, so do you take that off before you pull in!!!! Let him know that you have a lawyer reveiwng your lease and if the landlord is in the wrong he probably won't bring it up again.

10. Flipper

from CT

You don't plow the property do you? I wouldn't even plow my parking space. Heck leave the plow lifted an inch even when its there.

11. Jak

Jak Junior Member

Got a meeting with them tuesday morning. I'm hoping that it's just for "new" tenants, but we'll see.

12. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Tell him its not a snow plow... you use it for dirt, its a dozer blade

13. Jak

Jak Junior Member

Must Sell Mm2 Ld

Okey, mega p'd!!!!! just had my meeting with the ahole and NO Plows Period. Here's what's said on the 30 day notice. Any individual, contractor, friend relative, ect., that is found plowing the leased premises will be considered, by NYS law, as trespassing on private property and may be subject to punitive and criminal charges.
    Tenants are allowed to hire an insured contractor (with required insurance and hold harmless agreement) to clear snow, using these methods ONLY: snowblower, snow brushing, snow shoveling, skidsteering with squeegee or snow blower).
    So back to my original question how much could I get/ sell my New 7'6" LD plow for? Would $2,000.00 be outta line? Or is anybody looking to buy the above plow?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  14. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Is that the extent of the note from them? If so, it doesn't say you can't keep the plow there or have it on your truck; rather, you simply can't plow your own driveway or have it plowed. Yes no?

15. Flipper

from CT

Yeah I'm confused. Were you using the plow to plow your driveway which is owned by him? Or do you just want the plow on for your own work? I don't think he can really say you can't have the plow, while he could say that you can't plow your drive.

16. Indy

Indy Senior Member

Exactly, go plow another community, show this guy up and move to the other one!!

17. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

hey if you want to piss him off i can come clear 2 inches of snow off the driveway with a cat 980h lol. we can even put a piece of rubber on the edge and say we are using a sqeegee.

18. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

in my opinon there is no reason for this. you dont remove your own snow and will not do it with your plow setup ever at his location were you live.

so why should you be made to get rid of or store someplace else a item you own and invested time and money in to.

get him to let you sign a letter stating you will not use it on any of his proporty and that it will only be in the storage place its in or on the truck and parked when not in use during winter.

mabye he will agree to that. hell even see if the little old lady across the way that tells on every one would agree to tell on you if you did use it on his land. as we all have one of those little old ladys next door with nothing to do but look and tell.

19. Jak

Jak Junior Member

No, in the attached add on to the ruls it states. The use of any type of snowplowing vehicles is strictly prohibited, also prohibited is the storage of any such equipment. If my scanner wasn't screwing with me I'd post the notices for ya. So, I got a brand new plow and can't even plow my own driveway.

20. Jak

Jak Junior Member

Yeah, it's the parks driveway and I was plowing my driveway along with a couple of my neighbors driveways.