1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question?Input on plowing straight resendential driveways

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jeffl, Nov 4, 2002.

1. jeffl

jeffl Junior Member

Hey Guys,

Had a question was hoping you could answer. I am offering residential clearing which I am relatively new at. We have many driveways in this area that are between 30 and 50ft. straight runs from garage to road. If it is illegal to push snow into the streets, how would you get around this. One person asked me for a quote yesterday that has a stone border on both sides, thus being pretty much impossible to go anywhere other than the road with the snow. Any input would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

2. elitelandscape

elitelandscape Member

hey i ran into the same problem this year your best bet is to pass it up or find someone with a snow blower. mine had a ditch at the end of the driveway and it was a pain in the butt to get the snow from the whole year in the ditch

3. jeffl

jeffl Junior Member

Yeah, thats what I figured. Just wanted to get everyones opinion on it. Thanks for the input.
    Jeff

4. casey

casey Banned

You should be able to do a 30-50 ft drive with a single stage blower in under 10 min.. Right to the garage & any walks. Stone poses no problem & it clears right to the concrete.

Look at the Toro 3650's or Snow Commander's.

5. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Pull it out into the road, push it past the stone wall then bank it back into the front yard. pretty simple

6. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Its illegal to plow snow into the street here to. However, that means plowing it into the street and leaving the piles inthe middle of the road.

No one I know in law enforcement has any problem with you plowing a driveway into the street and cleaning it back to the grass strip along the curb, or banking it up on the lawn next to the driveway.

Its the morons that plow a 50 - 75 foot driveway completely out into the street and take off leaving snow banks in the traffic lanes that the cops go after.

Just be smart and respectful of the laws in your areas.