1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question for you guy's plowing with cherokee's

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by snow problem, Apr 15, 2007.

1. snow problem

snow problem Senior Member

I remember reading that some of you guy's plow with your cherokee's in full-time four wheel drive. This year i plow the entire route 40 -60 res driveways, in full-time four wheel drive. My question is i kown that the binding is much less in full-time mode, but i noticed the traction to be less. Was this me or is this correct.
  2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

It is less because the transfer case uses a differential to distribute the power and it's more like a 40-60 split instead of 50-50 in part time.
  3. snow problem

snow problem Senior Member

Thanks, I have the same cherekee as you, well almost, mine is a 1999 sport, not a classic, but same color and wheels. Great plow truck, that un-body stuff, It dos not seem to bother me, this thing plows just as good as my chevy HD.