1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question for you guys mounting mdII and ez mount cartons on a dodge

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by itr.#1446, Nov 7, 2008.

1. itr.#1446

itr.#1446 Member

I am wondering what position do you mount the rear legs on? The directions state to use the lowest hole and third from bottom but if you do this the leg doesn't sit flush against the frame and on the passenger side where i have a hole already it doesn't line up. If i move the leg up to the 2nd from the bottom it sits flush and and hole line up perfect on the passenger. So i plan on doing it this way, didn't want to have 3 holes on the passenger side and just wanted to check before i went to drilling.

Here is the directions let me know thanks
    http://www.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/1-802 R2.pdf

oh trucks i am asking about are 03 dodge ram's

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Nothing wrong with doing it "your way". Saves another hole in the frame and they work just fine.

3. itr.#1446

itr.#1446 Member

yeah thats why i wanted to use the top hole and second from bottom did it today and it worked out fine only problem i ran into was the t bolt was too centered and wouldn't catch the frame when tightening so i had to weld on about 3/8 to a 1/2 inch of round 3/8 steel rod so it would catch.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2008