1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question for you Blower Guys

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by EnviroTeam, Oct 28, 2006.

1. EnviroTeam

EnviroTeam Member

Hi all, I was wondering if any of you experienced "blower guys" could help. Since this will be our first year using blowers, I am trying to figure out how many more contracts I can take. I am guessing at 10 minutes per easy driveway i.e. 2 cars wide X 2 cars long. given that there are no obstacles or anomalies to slow you down can I get some feed back on how long you think it would take with a 28" 10hp Toro at say....6 - 8" of snow.

I have not included traveling time or loading/ unloading time here as I have a couple of streets where I have 8 driveways right next to each other

2. EnviroTeam

EnviroTeam Member

No takers???
  3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I think that is an accurate guess. Doing a 2' pass at a time, that would be 10 passes to do the driveway and each pass should be less then 1 minute. I would not include the end of the driveway in that though. On a heavy snowfall the street plow could leave a nice pile, expecially if it is wet.
  4. EnviroTeam

EnviroTeam Member

Great thanks for the input. I have a plow on the front of the truck for those driveway ends you are referring to and I have informed all my blower customers that I will use it and not the blower for the ends.

Thanks Again.