1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question for you about step bars

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Kollerman, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Kollerman

Kollerman Senior Member

Not a plowing question, but I thought I would ask anyway.

I bought the truck in the picture about a year ago. I have slowly been making it my own. The windows are all tinted the same color, the door panel stripping was taken off for a more cleaner look, and now I am looking for step bars. (My wife and kids have a hard time getting into it.)

My question is, would all black step bars look better, or should I go with the chrome looking ones? And what style looks the best?

Does anyone out there have this same color truck with some step bars on so I could see what they look like?

Thanks.

Jeremy

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  2. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

Wheres the pic?

3. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

i love mine they have chrome all around except for the hangers and the front and back cap and the top oval thing looks sweet and they work and are strong

4. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

I have never seen black ones that don't end up rusting and looking like crap.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The only ones that will last are stainless steel. Should be able to get them in black.

6. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

I don't see the picture so I'm not sure if you're truck is the new body style or '03-'07 style. I've never been a nerf bar man cause I thought a step board that fit tight protected the rocker's & door jams best from salt & rock chips. On my '03 2500 HD crew I studied them long & hard and ended up buying Chevrolet brand step board like this. They were around $550.

P1010211 (Small).JPG

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

8. Kollerman

Kollerman Senior Member

For some reason, it won't let me upload the picture because it says I have it in another thread. Anyone know how to get around that?

9. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Right click on the original picture and hit copy image location.

Then come back to this thread, reply, and click on the yellow box with the mountain in it and paste in the image location.

That will get the picture here.

10. Kollerman

Kollerman Senior Member

11. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

I think you have to actually edit the photo and make it different from original in order to repost. I see your truck it is the new body style. I don't think chevy offers the formed abs board like they did for the classic body style. They just have the step bars. One nice thing about buying GM's and some aftermarket is they use existing holes so no drilling. I got rid of my '03 & now have on '09, I've been trying to decide too. I think I am going to go with Dee Zee NXT boards in all black.

A couple of sites with many different types are:
    www.runningboardwarehouse.com/
    www.runningboardworld.com

I think both black or chrome would both look good on your truck. If your handy with paint you could just cut and paste a style you think you may like onto your photo.

12. White Gardens

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. White Gardens

Right Click On Image, Hit Copy Image Location

PlowSite1.jpg

Reply To Thread, Click On Image Icon

PlowSite2.jpg

Put Cursor In The Box