1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question for Xtreme V owners

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Harford13, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Harford13

Harford13 Senior Member

Take a look at the hydraulic hose that comes off the lower cylinder on the side closest to the plow, does the line run through the trip spring that's right there? Mine does, and it doesn't look like there is room to loosen the fitting and try to swing that hose away from the spring. Should I be concerned about the spring crushing and possibly cutting the hose when the blade trips? It's only like this when the plow is full V, once you open it up the hose pulls away from the trip spring.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Both of my rod end hoses touch the trip springs when in V. I have plans to make some adjustments to this, just haven't gotten to it yet.

3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I'll have to take a look tomorrow, if I remember right all the lines are wrapped half way in that spiral loom and away from everything and basically run up the side of the motor housing to each of it's inlets.

4. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Don't own one but I've used enough of them. I can honestly say I can count on one hand all the times I've had to plow in full vee mode. I can't ever remember the edge tripping in full vee. IMO, you should be fine but for piece of mind you may want to reroute the hoses. Who wants to have added worry about equipment failure while plowing? We have enough to deal with as it is.

5. Harford13

Harford13 Senior Member

Here's a picture of how mine looks

hose.jpg

6. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

something I've noticed about the different plows I've used.. the installers usually just bomb them together. after mine was on and ready to go, i went back through the instructions and rerouted hoses the way the booklet shows and added washers where washers were supposed to be. I've had zero problems. That hose absolutely should not be inside that spring. And peteo1, I use full V mode all the time. There's no better way to scrape a driveway down

7. peteo1

I can see where it would work if its wet and heavy but I just keep the blade straight, push to the garage door and then back drag. Been doing it that way for years but to each his own.

8. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

I have many driveways I cannot even get into with the blade straight, but to each his own. Thumbs Up

9. Pinzgauer

Pinzgauer Senior Member
    from Vermont

This is definitely wrong and if I were you I'd go back to whoever installed it and have it fixed right away. If a Fisher rep reads and sees this they should seriously check into the qualifications of the installing dealer.

10. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I think it was Repo who said this is why Fisher is starting to ship their products basically fully assembled. I don't know to what extent they come assembled now but either way, that hose has to be moved. After I got our other one back, I to had to go through it and tweak a few things. Our Fisher dealer is pretty good I think but no one's perfect.

11. I wonder why they changed the pistons to have the fittings on the top. They are on the sides of my EZV rams and well out of the way.

12. peteo1

I like our fisher dealer so much I drove an hour to another fisher dealer to buy my plow and two sets of extreme v wings. Oh and a few gallons of oil.

13. Mnpowerstroke99

Mnpowerstroke99 Member

I'd turn the hoses out before they get pinched.I don't care for the fittings they use with the o-ring/jam nuts.Don't over tighten the jam nut when adjusting them.

14. Harford13

Harford13 Senior Member

It's a brand new plow, used for the first time last week. I called my dealer and they agreed that it shouldn't be that way, they told me to stop by any day and they will fix it while I wait no questions.

15. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

All I can say is; wow :eek: . A dealer put this together for you?

16. Harford13

Harford13 Senior Member

According to the dealer they get the plows from the Fisher Factory assembled, they just do the install. I'm not making an excuse for the mechanic that installed the plow, I'm sure he's been trained to check clearance on all hoses on every plow before they leave the shop, but according to my dealer the plow came assembled, which means someone at the factory missed this.

17. RepoMan207

from Maine

The rams come connected to the A frame now (or T frame in this case) with the Hoses already connected and wrapped. The straight blade are pretty much plug and play, where the XLS and V blades require alittle more work. From what I was told the Fleet Flex packages were put together for many reasons (consumer friendly install, Flexibility, Dealer efficiency, Quality Control... to name a few.). The fact that they pressure test them prior to leaving the factory is a step in the right direction imo. There is still lack of quality control though; missing parts within the crates.....guide poles, wear strips on the XLS, center pins, nuts and bolts, damaged headlamps, hoses routed and installed on the power packs in wrong locations....again, for the most part they're heading in the right direction, but the guys on the end of the line just don't give a sh!t, or so it seems. Unfortunately it all looks good on the board, but until they fix the human interface factors, it's all worthless. Let me in there for a week and I'll weed out all the slackers, or get the place shut down due to lack of man power. :laughing:

As said above, that hose has to be moved, or there will be a failure in the near future. :nod:

18. RepoMan207

from Maine

It's not fully assembled, but I totally agree, this wasn't of his doing. HOWEVER, it is his fault for not noticing it, and correcting it. After all, the dealer is also part of the quality control team, especially if your paying him to put it together for you.

19. Harford13

Harford13 Senior Member

Not like I need to rush to get this fixed b/c I've probably got the most use out of it I will this winter but I'm taking it to them in the am to get moved. I'm also not happy with the dealer telling me to add quick links to the chain b/c my truck is 1/4" higher than factory recommendations, so I didn't have enough float. As a result when I raise my plow all the way it no longer hits the bump stops, which the dealer said according to Fisher isn't a problem. Fisher says the holes in the truckside mount need to be 17-19inches, and mine sits at 19 1/4, yet with the chain hooked up to the frame without a 2" quick link when I dropped the plow the chain had hardly any slack in it

20. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

At that height you should be more worried about cutting edge wear. If the T bar is not parallel with ground you will have uneven wear of your cutting edge. With blade in scoop or V, on level ground the cutting edge should sit flat.

As far as the chain, I would just go buy a longer piece of chain.