1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question for V-Plow owners

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Mackman, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Can you control each wing or side of the plow individually??? Or is it like a pre set positions like straight, V, and Scoop??

Im looking at fishers V plows and straight plows. Im looking for somnething 9ft but fisher only makes a 8.5 or 9.5 V plow?? Its going on the truck in my sig. A 2004 F350 diesel. I only plowed with straight plows. But the price different is like 600 bucks. So for 600 Bucks i might just go with a V.
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Sno-Ways have presets though that are sweet. You can pre-program up to 3 different plow angles on three button presets.
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Yes the wings can be controller seperately. You can stop them in any position you want. I would put the 9'6" on that truck. For $600 extra I would buy a Vee for sure.
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You can even make the v plow a straight plow to if you want!
  5. Mackman

from S.E. PA

Thanks guys thats all i wanted to know.

And this is for you GV :realmad::laughing:
  6. overtime

overtime Senior Member

Go with the V. Only 600 more I would you'll be happy you did.
  7. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

For $600 you can't go wrong with the V! It will do everything you're used to and a lot more.
  8. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Doesn't the western have preset's too? I know i saw another brand besides SW that had this and i was only looking at Snow Dog and Western
  9. cornish

cornish Junior Member
    from ontario

go v blades go
  10. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

once you plow with a V you will never go back to a straight blade
  11. No :( Unfortunately Not
  12. Mackman

from S.E. PA

Well i must have miss heard the dealer on the phone. It is 900 bucks more for the V. So i told him today im going with the 8.5 straight blade. Sorry all you die hard V guys. But i will be subing plowing township roads and i dont see were the 900 bucks in a V plow would be worth it. Plus im getting paid by the hour so being fast doesnt really pay me.
  13. RONK

RONK Senior Member
    from NJ

I've used a Fisher EZ-V 8.6 plow for the past 6 years and sold it and bought an X-Blade 8.6 straight blade.Please let me give you my reasons,the EZ-V worked fine,never a problem,I didn't like how it scraped or backdraged,maybe the new Extreme is better.We also don't get the amount of snow in my area where I think the V plow would be worth while.Save your money,you'll be happy with the straight blade.
  14. F350plowing

F350plowing Senior Member

i would get a wideout before a V
  15. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

no no no on wideout... to much $$$$ to many moving parts... v all the way!!!!
  16. Mackman

from S.E. PA

Well im leaving right now to drop my truck off to get the plow put on. Pics will come shortly. Straight blades all the way.:drinkup:
  17. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

18. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

I pay my subs more if they are fastpayup. Just something to consider in the future
  19. F350plowing

F350plowing Senior Member

you shouldn't have showed me that i now know what ill be doing till it snows:realmad:

How did you find that on there site?
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  20. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 Senior Member

LMAO!!!! You already got your anwser YES, and you will be glad you spent the extra 600.