1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question for those that use Push Boxes

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by wakesetter2001, Dec 18, 2007.

1. wakesetter2001

wakesetter2001 Member

How do you set your cutting edge. Do you have it even with the shoes or above the shoes. I have a wet snow and the box does not seen to be clean up the lots down to the asphalt very good. I have my cutting edge about 1/8"-1/4" above the shoes. What do yo all think and what is you experience. This is only my second push with the new box.

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Supposed to be 1/4-1/2" below the shoes. Apparently you're supposed to put about 1/4" spacers under the shoes, then have the back edge of the edge touching pavement.

3. bandacon

bandacon Junior Member

The cutting edge has to be below the shoes. We always loosen up the cutting edge, set the box down with 1/2" plywood under the shoes, then tighten up the cutting edge.

This has worked for us, the last four seasons we used one.