1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question for the per hour guys

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Nov 21, 2005.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I do all seasonal plowing all smaller size lots and under 1 hr. so my question is are your lots that big that you can charge by the hr.? I really can't charge by the the hr. for ex. 100.00 hr but you only plowed 15-20 mins.even with travel time mybe 30mins. total so you charge 50.00? To me every time it snows you could say i lose money. Also for me its easy just to bill everybody 5 times for the season. As i said just wondering how you do billing for smaller lots.
  2. CTerrySGD

CTerrySGD Member

Bill by the half hour..... i.e. $50/half hour with a minumum of 1/2 hour and round up to the next half hour if you are there 45 minutes.
  3. fordhook

fordhook Junior Member

per hour guys

If it helps, we charge a 2 hour minimum for each lot, and keep it cleared every 2 inches , if it takes less time , its still a 2 hour minimum, if it takes longer we bill accordingly, we are at $71.00 per hour in Northern Virginia
  4. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

We are at 75.00 per hour with a 1/2hour minimum no matter how small the lot. Everything gets rounded up. After one hour I will break it down to 15 min increments. Ex. 1.75 hours = $131.25. If it takes 46 minutes it is rounded up to 1 hour for an account. Most of my accounts can be done in less than 1 hour so I come out ok. One account takes about 2 hours for 1" of snow.