1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question for the old timers

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by valleyviewlawns, Jan 21, 2014.

1. valleyviewlawns

valleyviewlawns Member
    from Montana

We will be getting into brine spraying parking lots soon. How do you determine pricing models for this? I will be saving myself time and money, do I pass on the savings and add a customer, or do I take charge the same per visit. I have a few no tolerance customers that require pavement as soon as possible. Currently we plow down to the pavement and put down dry material (bagged ice melt) that can add time to our visit, plus the upcharge for the dry material. Basically I put down about 400lbs of dry material for each parking lot, roughly an acre of pavement and walks. I can be in and out in an hour with a brine sprayer. That would equal lost money. But I am getting too old for pushing around a walk behind spreader.