1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question for the mechanicly inclined

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 04f350powerv-xt, Oct 24, 2008.

1. 04f350powerv-xt

04f350powerv-xt Senior Member

My 04 f350 has trouble turning on dry asphalt expecialy when it is dry why is that? Only happens when I have plow on. Under powered power steering pump? Any fix for this?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Well you do have a 1,000 extra pounds weighting the front end down .Just roll a little and it will be find. Hopefully your not in 4 wheel drive when your doing this.

3. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

What are your tire pressures at? Might want to try adding another 5 or 10 psi

JMO

4. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

[​IMG]

Yes it true more air pressure make easy to turn left and right.

Check gear box for wet area that mean it leak. And make sure there fluid in power steering reservoir.

My Friend's 2001 F250 do that with no plow on it. It strange feel gurgle in gear box. It have leak gear box but he won't replace because too expense so he say he will stay until it broke.

What last time you grease all joint on front end? Maybe it bind when plow on it.

5. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

your not in 4X4 are you ?

6. 04f350powerv-xt

04f350powerv-xt Senior Member

happens when I'm in 2x4 and 4x4, why do you ask?

7. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

bind and bounce is more common in 4x4.....

8. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

You have all that extra weight hanging off the front end. Your used to having a light front end if you drive it year round. My Wife will not drive my truck if the plow is on. She's not used to the weight or 4 foot of added length. Don't even ask Her how to raise it or drop it. I have showed Her over and over. Lock the hubs and pull the 4X4 lever, why?

9. performncmarine

performncmarine Junior Member

Are your lock outs siezed up so the axles are locked in? I see this often the lock outs will go bad so they front axles are always locked in. also check axle joints as they too may be bad.

10. Gix1k4

Gix1k4 Senior Member

My '04 f250 does this too, i think it's just the nature of the beast. My '99 gasser f250 did it too.

11. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

I agree Fords, are not one to turn when there not moving