1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

question for the blizzard guys

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by wideout, Dec 30, 2010.

1. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

So my wideout has a crack in it where the blade slides out in the corner where the slide plate comes out buts its in the front part of the plow i know thats hard to follow but i was wondering if any of you guys have had that problem? i know a pic would help but i dont have one. The western dealer said that he talked to western last year about this problem on another plow and the said to weld it.

They know that its a problem and they could fix it but they would have to add more weight to the plow and then it would be very limited on they trucks it could be used on. Just want to know if any of you have had this problem

2. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

so i guess i did have a pic hope it came out right

plow damage.jpg

3. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Happens on the blizzards as well, weld up and keep plowing. Also happens on the wings above the boxed in area. Add a 2-3 inch patch over that area.

4. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

So its not a big deal then? cuz and I REALLY hate to say this but I'm thinking about trading it off for an mvp just because in another year or 2 I don't want it to be all broke to s@#t!

5. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

I call it preseason maitenance to weld up and reinforce as needed ;)

6. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

I understand that but its only 2 years old so I just don't think that should b happening already is all and it kind of worried me that its happened with it being so new

7. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

The Wide outs and XLS's already have the wing patch on them. The crack your seeing usually happens after 4 or 5 yrs on the blizzards as the area is pretty thin. Didn't see it on many of the older plows because the bottom of the slide box was much heavier.

As stated above. Clean and weld, grind smooth and put a weld patch over to reinforce.

8. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

Well I guess that will b a good weekend project then thanks for the help guys

9. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I'll give you $1500 for it. I'd offer you more, but it's "all broke to s@#t! "

10. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

Are you the guy I always see offering people nothing for there stuff on here or is that someone else?

11. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Not me, sorry. I was mostly being a smartass.

12. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

i know just messing with ya!

13. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

If you do decide to sell, I might be interested in picking this up from you. I'd rather have another 810 just for common parts, but wouldn't mind trying the WO. I want to put an expanding wing plow on my uncle's truck.

14. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

I will keep you in mind then when i decide what im gonna do

15. Barrakudaman

Barrakudaman Member

Johnny U.... you can buy my 810 and ill pick his wester WO up for trade in price;-)

16. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

yeah what the dealer will give me and what i will sell it for are not even close but nice thought

17. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

You still have your 810, Ken?

18. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

You know as they say, the more bells and whistles something has. The more things to go wrong.

Do you really want to go back to a straight blade? I would weld it back up after every storm if i had too. ill never go back to a straight blade.

19. Barrakudaman

Barrakudaman Member

I sold the parts 810, I have one on my f-350 that i use for plowing now. It was number 00012 built by blizzard in 99' I have it all painted up n looking nice.