1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

question for strobes n more????

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by jsc824, Jan 27, 2011.

1. jsc824

jsc824 Member
    from N.H.

Will your pre wired switch with pattern control work on a whelen uos 64lx power pack????

thanks in advance

2. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

highly doubtful as thats a 3 plug box....those are for the 2 plug boxes...

plus that switch doesn't do anything for your power and ground....IIRC you need to not only provide power and ground for the unit but also at the switch harness too..

The way i make them is one harness that simply plugs into your unit...your switches, and your battery...very easy...You can make this yourself very easily too...

3. jsc824

jsc824 Member
    from N.H.

Ok so the box gets power and ground, and the switch harness turn the power on or off to the strobes, or the switches slso need yo have power abd ground?

4. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

if i remember correctly those switches plug into the box but need thier own power and ground on the other end........the box also needs its own power and ground...

why not have a harness that incorporates the switches AND the power and ground into a single plug and play harness that does everything needed to make the strobes work......right?..

why make the end user buy a fuse holder and extra wires for power and ground....make it all in one harness.....

thats just how i think it should be done....its how i do it...

5. jsc824

jsc824 Member
    from N.H.

ok I think I get it, bare with me never wired hideaways and I got the set up used with a mix of different stuff. So basically power line to the box and split it to each switch for strobes 1-3 and 2-4 same with the ground?

6. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Sorry been very busy but that will not work as wired with that power supply.

7. 06FX4Blizzard

06FX4Blizzard Member
    from NE ohio

just ordered your ford led/strobe cab lights!!!!!