1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question for Rick Knuth

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by CHCSnowman, Feb 19, 2007.

1. CHCSnowman

CHCSnowman Senior Member
    from Indiana

I was wondering if you or anyone else could help me out. I am looking at a truck that has a sno way mount on it. The truck is a 2004 F 250 SD. My question is does all Sno Way plows fit all mounts or do I need to find out if there is still a plow available for this mount??

I have BOSS plows now.....but I figure if this truck already has the mount and wiring......I would just buy Sno Way controller and blade, if possible.

Thanks!

2. Brew

Brew Member

Rick is currently out on the road so I figured I would respond. You will need to verify whether or not the sub-frame on the truck is a 3-pin or 2-pin type. Our most current system is the 2 pin hook up. If the truck has the 3-pin type sub-frame, you will need to find a Sno-Way 3-pin type plow.

Thank You,

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

CHCSnowman, There are a ton of the older 3 pin plows around. New and used. Just do a little research and you will find what you want.

4. snowman2025

snowman2025 Senior Member

i'm curious about that was well, i just bought mine new in dec, 9ft straight, and buddy down the road bought a new V plow (or should i say \_/ ) and as i was looking at the mounts, they dont' look anything alike, his is on an 06 superduty, and mines on a 99 superduty

tehy are both 2 pin hookups, just look designed differently, i was thinking about possibly getting a \_/ for my truck as well for the small apartment complexes

i didn't try hooking them up to see if they would switch, didn't have time.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  5. CHCSnowman

CHCSnowman Senior Member
    from Indiana

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Two pin system, hard to tell from the pictures if it's a 26 or 29 series mount.

7. snowman2025

snowman2025 Senior Member

so since there is a difference between 26 and 29 series, is there a difference between 29 and 32 series?

i'm running a 32 series right now.

8. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

29 and 32 Series Sub-Frame would be the same. 26 and 29/32 Sub-Frames are different.

9. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

This would be a 29,32, or 28V series mount. Sno-Way does not offer a 26 series application for this model year F250. If I can be of any further assistance let me know.

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

good pick up Tom:salute: