1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question for "pull plow" users.....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by excav8ter, Jan 2, 2012.

1. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

I got to use my new 14' Ebling for the first time today and loved it. But now I want some extra lighting for the ends of the plow. I have no problem seeing the blade ends, but would like to see the plow stakes as i get closer to them. Some of my condo drives are kinda tight for my truck and i don't want to wipe out their stakes. I was thinking about a "back rack" with a couple lights up high and pointing backwards and out to the sides a little bit.

Any input would be great.

2. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I have mine on a back rack. But I have seen another one that had its own light tower with 2 lights going to the back, and one on each side going out the the wing tips. I am thinking about making My ebling more like that one.

I foget who makes the one I am talking about, but its got polly skins in different colors. If that helps.

The back rack lights light up to much truck side, and cause dark spots behind you. IMO

J.

3. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

A light tower right on the Ebling would be great! I am going to look into making one....unless someone can pm me with a website I can order one at.

4. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Make one to fit your needs. I doubt that you will find exactly what your looking for pre-made. I don't have an expandable rear plow, but I do have lights mounted on the ends of my pull plow, and they work great.