1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

question for MDB LANDSCAPING..

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Camaro SS Mike, Dec 8, 2001.

1. Camaro SS Mike

Camaro SS Mike Junior Member
    from NJ

hey,i saw your pic of that beautiful chevy truck and new fisher plow. my question is what size plow is that, 7 1/2' or 8'? if its 7 1/2' , is it the light duty or regular duty? i am just curious cause u say it doesnt sag at all, which i think is great. i havent seen any new HD chevy trucks yet with the plow on and raised to see how it holds up or sags, that is why i asked. absolutely beautiful truck and plow setup, actually too nice to use for work, haha.
    Mike

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

the truck has a fisher 8 foot heavy duty plow on it. ill try and take a pic with the plow raised so you can see it.

3. mdb landscaping

heres a pic of it raised. im not on total level ground, put it doesnt sag too bad. got to test it out this morning. had 2 inches of slush.
    i may put a few 50 lb bags of sand in the back for some ballast to level it totally out.

plow raised.jpg

4. TRITONSNOWREM

TRITONSNOWREM Member

Nice Truck

5. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Nope you gotta sell that truck and get a ford, that is the only truck that can handle the weight of a plow.
    Just kidding, once again it just prooves that people theroies about whether or not a truck can handle a plow are worthless unless they actually test that theory.
    I think the truck is handleing a 800# plus plow just fine. Add a little ballast and the truck would be level. I think that pic once and forall puts the debate to rest about a GM ifs suspension carrying the plow weight when the plow installation is done right.
    Dino

6. Camaro SS Mike

Camaro SS Mike Junior Member
    from NJ

MDB LANDSCAPING, yea it looks fine with the plow raised. i was just curious how the HD chevys handled a heavy plow. in no way in this post was i trying to talk down chevy trucks. my brother owns a 1992 chevy 1500 he bought new with a 7 1/2' western uni mount pro plow on it and we love it. never gave us a problem and me and him are chevy people all the way! my brother wouldnt trade his chevy for any other truck on the road, thats how much he loves it and how good it has been to us. i love the new ford trucks and their looks, but being that i am in the auto repair business, in my oppinion,i think chevy makes better vehicles and better trucks. this is just my oppinion and not meant to start a war between ford and gm. i like them both!! again beautiful truck MDB, keep the pics coming if you have more!! Mike
    P.S. almost forgot to ask, is that a gas motor or diesel? if its a gas , is it the mighty 8.1L ? and do you have the allison tranny?
    thanks for the replies!!!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2001
  7. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

The new style handles a plow better than the 88-99 or whenever style...

8. mdb landscaping

its got the duramax diesel with the allison tranny. ubeleivable amount of power.

9. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Nice looking setup. is that a MMII? The plow looks like it but the lift frame does not. Kind of hard to see from the pic though.

10. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

handling the weight dino? this ford seems to handle it fine with an 8'minute mount on the front. i noticed no difference between when the plow was up or down, and this is the TTB suspension.

Bryan

pc090002.jpg

11. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

Thats because those reverse arch springs cant move anymore lol.

12. DaveO

DaveO PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Ma.

MMII

CT18,

You are correct, that is the new (M series)blade/Aframe. The extra ribs in the blade, and the taller attachment point on the front of the Aframe is how I can tell. The blades are supposed to be as strong(stronger?) than the L series, and almost 100lbs lighter(heresay). Can you attach them to the old (MMI) style headgear?

Dave

13. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I have heard all attachment points are the same. Complete Plow to Truck sub frame as well as plow to headgear. I had also heard and seen a pic somewhere that the new headgear was more tubular like Diamond/Meyer but still had the "Fisher look to it"