1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question for light gurus

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by nickv13412, Nov 19, 2008.

1. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

Hey all

I am going to be picking up 2 Whelen Vertex LED Hideaways to install in my tailights. My question is if there is any way i could sync these with the self contained truck-lite LED grommet mount strobes i have mounted to my tool box...ill attach a pic so that you know what i am talking about

I would like to sync my toolbox strobes with the taillight hideaways to get that alternating "X" pattern (IE left taillight and right toolbox lights flashing at the same time and vice versa), and im not sure if this is possible with the toolbox lights i have

If it isnt, can any of you recommend a grommet mount amber LED light that will sync with the Vertexs?

Thanks a lot - Nick

2. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

strobe powers supplies cannot be used with anything LED ... different electronic features ... .... or if there LEDs connected to a LED ballast then yes im sure you can but if the leds are independantly then no ... the leds that can be sync'd together are Whelen TIR3's and or any led light that requires a LED flasher ...
  3. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

The toolbox lights are LEDs, as are the hideaways i will be buying. Would it be possible to use a grommet mount LED marker light in the toolbox with an external flasher that could be sync'd with the Vertexs?

Im not too great with lights, thanks for your patience and advice - Nick
  4. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

you can go with 2 ways of doing this

1. get a whelen led Flasher ulf 44 http://www.whelen.com/details_prod.php?head_id=2&cat_id=9&prod_id=53# the only draw back with the whelen flasher is that the truck light LEDS may not light up or operate correctly the way the ulf works it varies the voltage/square wave the signal sent to the ligth heads there have been report of lower tier light not working well with the ulf

2-get get ride of the truck light leds and replace them with a set of 500Series tir6
  5. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

replace the ones on truck with 500 series tir6

best bet
  6. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

i second that
  7. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

Thanks guys, ill be purchasing a set of 500's with the grommet mount option and ditching the truck-lites. - Nick
  8. Dissociative

where you gonna ditch em too?....i got somebody may want em...
  9. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

No plans for em as of yet, and im not gonna use em, let me know what youre thinking. Thanks - Nick
  10. Dissociative

don;t knwo what they are worth to you.....

e-mail me a number to 60139...they are ok for dumps or something non-synced..
  11. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

Alright, im not sure when ill be pulling them out, should be within the next few weeks once i order the 500 series. Im not lookin to make much off em so whatever you think is fair for a price, i think they go for like 45 each new or something like that. Box weight shouldnt be more than 3 lbs so shipping shouldnt be bad. Thanks - Nick