1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question for Honda blower owners

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gardenpro, Oct 21, 2003.

1. gardenpro

gardenpro Junior Member
    from WA

I'm wondering the pro's and cons of the TCD models VS TC.
    The difference is the TCD has "joystick" control for the shoot. And DC electric start.
    Are these worth it, will I EVER wish I just spent a few hundred more bucks for the delux model?
    I'm also undecided on 7 or 9 HP. There is nearly 100 pounds difference dry weight and, and 4 inches clearing width which I think is significant. I imagine 11 HP is a bit overpowered for the application, though may be wrong. Never done this with a machine.
  2. wyldman

wyldman Member

If your doing a lot of larger areas,the bigger the machine the better.Snow gets very heavy sometimes,especially if it's been chewed up by the blower a few times,and the bigger machine with more HP will do a better job.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the extra weight,as you should be having to lift or carry a machine like that anyways.If you need something light and portable,get a small single stage.
  3. gardenpro

gardenpro Junior Member
    from WA

Thanks Chris.