1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question for guys with Blowers

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by DaySpring Services, Jan 9, 2009.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I ordered a Snow Blower for my Bobcat a couple weeks ago. I'm planing on Blowing one of my accounts. It's a Apartment complex. Does blowing leave the blacktop cleaner? I mean after plowing it leaves that thin layer or ice and snow buildup. My Experience with snow blowers on driveways is a cleaner finish than plowing. Here is what the complex looks like http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=64602
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I would think if you get to it before cars drive all over it it should clear pretty good .
  3. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

bobcat blowers hace a cutting edge on then and they scrape pretty well. stock ones wear quickly look for an after market one that is 3/4" thick when you need a new one

It is very common to want to tip the blower to scrape better (like you would with a bucket).
    Do not do this!!! It will wreck your blower and scrape worse.

look how it sitts on the machine. you should have the arms all the way down and rotate to blower just till the edge comes into contact with the ground. now adjust your shoes to hit ground at same time.

if you dont run it this way you will grind off the sides and wear down the auger and not get a good scrape.

we have been running these for several years and love them but there was a learning curve
  4. KSSS

KSSS Junior Member
    from idaho

I am glad I am not the only one. I have to fight the tendancy to rock the blower forward. It works a lot better when it is flat.