1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question for Dodge plowers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JLC, Nov 22, 2001.

1. JLC

JLC Member

Just bought a plow for my 97 Dodge and am installing it myself. I've got a couple of questions.

1. I'm wondering, since the Dodges grill stays with the hood, what is a good place to mount the electrical connectors? I'm thinking about mounting them so I can plug in through one of the slots in the bumper. How did you guys set your connectors up?

2. Where did you splice the vehicle accessory feed hot with key on wire under the hood, or did you run the wire in the cab and if so where did you connect it?

Worked on the electrical today and will hopefully finish up tomorrow. Is there any warnings any would like to make about installing the mount?

2. BerksLawn

BerksLawn Junior Member

Are wires come thru on the bumper where the fog lights would go. Thats all i no the Dodge dealer had ours put on.

3. johngus

johngus Senior Member

I put my plowon my 97 dodge last year.I put the wiring through the bumper slots next to the fog lights.Ieither tied into the power port on the dash or the cigar lighter,I don't remember which wa s ignition switched on.The frame was pretty straightforward but get help as it's heavy.I did it by myself with a floor jack and it wasn't fun.good luck
  4. JLC

JLC Member

Thanks for the help guys. Got the wiring done today. I mounted the connection plate in the slot in the bumper. I ran the wire to the fusebox and picked up the key on power there. Went to put the mount kit on and the bag with the bolts had a hole. Guess how many bolts were left in the bag. You guessed it. Long story short I'm having the dealer do the mounting this afternoon.

Thanks for the help.
  5. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

You dont say what brand of plow. Here's my experience with Fisher:

You re-use the existing steering box bolts and swaybar bolts. You should have a half-dozen bolts with a piece of strap welded to the head, have fun threading these through the frame into their respective holes. Dont cut the straps off, just bend them over cuz if you ever need to remove the frame this is the only way you will get the bolts out. I just left the wiring inside the bumper, its much easier to hook up that way and when the plow isnt on no out front plugs to get damaged or swiped.