1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question for Dodge guys with Boss.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bltp203, Apr 16, 2007.

1. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

I already asked in the Dodge forum if I would have any problems running a plow with a 2" lift and 35 inch tires on my 2004 Ram 2500. A couple guys said no problem, but they were not running a BOSS.

My next question then becomes, will I still be able to get the mount at the 15 1/2 inches that Boss wants? Is anyone running a 2003 or newer DODGE/BOSS with a leveling kit? I can go to 285 tires if need be. To give you an idea of how high I am, the bottom of my front bumper is exactly 24 inches from the ground.

I wanna get my homework done before taking the plunge and get a BOSS setup.

Thanks

2. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

I ran a 8.2 V on my 06 with a leveling kit and 285/70/17's. With a strait blade you should have no problems.My push beam had the bottom holes exposed.I wouldn't go any lower without mods though. with the 35's you will have good ground clearance.My bracket would sometimes bottom out backing off curbs and side walks.With the strait blade the height is not as criticle in my opinion.If a v-plow is used you have to have it preety close other wise it won't sit flat in the V or scoop positions. By the way I had a Dodge for the last 6 months I just sold it and bought another Ford(incase you were looking at my profile and scratching your head)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  3. jryden145

jryden145 Member

The push beam is suppose to measure 15.5 inches from the ground to the eyelets where the plow pin gies through. So as long as you can accomplish that then it is no prob.

J