1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question for Chuck, or any NJ guys

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mike 97 SS, Aug 24, 2002.

1. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Just wondering where to buy replacement parts for my Western snowplow when the time comes to do so. Does Shaw's Garage sell Western parts? I know he sells Fisher and Meyers, but not sure for Western. My local auto parts store in Orange, Al's Auto Parts sells replacement parts, but they arent OEM parts, they are look alike parts. I have lost some of those big lower pins before and they have replacement ones, but as soon as you hit the littlest thing with their replacement pins, the handle falls off, you know the handle for pulling it out when you are taking the plow off. I think they are called the Hitch Pins? I'd rather get good OEM parts somewhere else. Chuck im sure you are the man for this question. :D Mike
  2. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Go to westchester plows and bodies. (Not sure of the exact name) there in chester i think its on 46 in chester if im nto mistaken. Maybe somebody knows exactly. But thats the dealer in the area for western my boss goes there buys all his stuff and they sell skidsteers and light duty equip. there too. Hope that helps.
  3. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

West Chester is in Flanders.

West Chester Machinery and Supply CO Inc
    284 Old Ledgewood Rd
    Flanders, NJ 07836
    (973) 347-1101

Take RT 80 to exit 27 (RT 206 South), and Mountain Road (turns into) Old Ledgewood Road is a right turn about a 1/2 mile from 80.

You can also pick up Western parts at:

Van Dine Motors Inc
    135 Railroad Avenue
    Hackensack, NJ 07601
    (201) 487-1466

We get our parts and plows at Van Dine's. It is right off RT 17.

I think you are closer to West Chester though, in E. Hanover. For something like pins, try calling Shaw's I *think* Western and Fisher use the same pins.

4. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Great! Thanks guys for the quick and detailed replies. This site is awesome and very helpful. :) :) Mike
  5. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

yah go to west chester, thats where i get all my stuff.

it's on 206 right behind the state police station.
  6. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy Junior Member

Cliffside body in Cliffside NJ off 1&9 has everything you need for any truck. MOst parts ar eover teh counter too. Snow equipment is on teh second floor.
  7. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

We also use Van Dines. He is located about 5 minutes from these major highways: Rt46, Rt 80, Rt 17, and the NJ Turnpike, Ask for Buddy, he is fantastic. Tell him Steve from Bergen County sent ya! :drinkup:

Van Dine's Four Wheel Drive Center
    135 Railroad Avenue
    Hackensack, NJ 07601
    (201) 487-1466

Good luck...
  8. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

If you're in Northern, NJ go to Traffic Safety and Equipment in Mahwah, NJ. It is just off Rt. 17 North, behind Boston Market. Hope this helps!
  9. mpflood

mpflood Member

I second that "Buddy" is the man.Just dont go near the place with snow in the forecast.Very busy shop
  10. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

You ain't kiddin" there! :dizzy: