1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question for BB

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by grandview, Feb 16, 2010.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

So what is the part number or can I buy a bulb for my Boss plow headlight at the auto store?

2. Just an FYI, you can go on the Boss website and look it up, it's super easy, I did it in 2 mins.

3. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

C'mon... don't you think post # 10,000 should be about something better than a bulb?? :D

4. grandview

Shhhhhhh,this is a very technical question only worthy of BB insight!

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You still have three bulbs left so there's no reason to panic yet. When you can't find Timmy's at night....then it's time to panic. :D

But in case anyone else needs to know, 9005's for the highs and 9006 for the lows on the old style Smart Lights.

6. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

how about the new style lights?

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

They use an HIR2 (9012) in the lows and an H9 in the highs.

8. grandview

Has it been 3 yrs already since I asked this? Might be time to buy some ,now I have no head lights or marker lights.

9. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

As long as you have two plows, use one during the daylight and the other at night.

10. grandview

Why didn't I think about that?:drinkup:

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

the HR12 is better bought at the Boss dealer, at least around here. I looked for the cheaper solution and found Boss to be MUCH cheaper than the local NAPA, now maybe autozone is cheaper:popcorn:

12. SnoDaddy

SnoDaddy Senior Member
    from ohio

Anyone upgrade those lights on this style plow? My lights on mine suck. No matter how much I adjust them. Still poop