1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

question for B&B about gussets

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by obrut, Nov 11, 2008.

1. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

B&B I added the gussets to my 00 NBS truck today but after I added them I went back and looked at the pics you posted in another thread and noticed that yours are level with the top of the control arm mount. When I welded mine in I had welded them about a 1/4 inch down from the top of the control arm, is that alright or should they have been level with the top?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Ideally they should be at the top (flush) of the C-arm bracket for maximum effectiveness but they'll still to the job mounted slightly low.

It's better to have them on there period vs not having them at all. wesport

3. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

I think I have them on my 01 2500 HD but they don't seem to be as long and wide as the ones you made ...Will the ones on my trk be OK. ???

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Then yours are the factory installed ones...makes sense since yours is an '01. Like I mentioned before, lots of the earlier HD's had them.

The factory gussets are shorter than the ones I make and install...a little extra never hurts.

5. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

So mine are fine (good enough ).? ? Why did they stop putting them on trks...

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yep leave them alone there good. :nod:

An infestation of cheapizim would be my best educated guess. payup