1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question for anyone with a 2012 GMC /Chevy 6.0

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by PlowMan03, Aug 16, 2012.

1. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

I bought a 2012 GMC 2500hd with the 6.0 in march. Its been a great truck until about a month or so ago. Its been hitching while going down the road, loss of power from a dead stop and going uphill. Also the universal joint has been snapping when taking off from a dead stop, was told it is common with these trucks my 07 chevy never did it. Any other chevy/gmc owners have this problem?

2. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

If I had a 2012 and it was doing that It would be back at the dealer!

3. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Been trying too but can't get a day off to do so

4. Cover Guy

Cover Guy Senior Member

I have a 2011 with 65000 miles and no problems yet

5. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

I hear ya. I have only driven a couple I never noticed anything like that.

6. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

It sucks really. Brand new truck that doesn't have 10k miles on it and having problems already, I see where this is going. Smells like a lemon to me

7. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Well I finally had my truck looked at, the dealer says the hitching I'm feeling is drivetrain vibrations. I think they are full of crap, I didn't know a vibration could drop the rpms, also said the universal joint is fine.

8. gtrzfan

gtrzfan Junior Member

Same boat

I'm having almost the same issues with my work truck. Only difference is its an 08 Sierra 2500 with the 6.0. It starts really weird, best description is an extended crank time. Then it runs very rough for awhile, to the point of stalling once in awhile. I have been noticing the same issue you have mentioned. Has made me nervous a couple times going thru intersections. The kicker is that its intermittent. The last two days have been the worst. Tomorrow it will probably run fine all day long. Its been to the dealer multiple times and they can't figure it out, I've been all over it.

9. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Just the other day I was going up a hill that had a passing lane in it, gave the truck some gas it studdered at couple times bogged down to 4k rpm and by the time I got to the top of the hill I hit 4,500 rpm with the peddle to the floor, the hill was pretty long. I thought the truck was gonna die on the hill when it did it.

10. seeyaa

seeyaa Junior Member

Try going to a different dealer, or take another new vehicle for a test drive to compare it too.