1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question for anyone with 06' GMC 2500HD/Western Ultramount

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by infineon954, Oct 20, 2006.

1. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

What is the best configuration setting on an 8' western ultra pro series for an 06' GMC 2500HD?
    I went from a lot of ground clearance on my F-250 to almost nothing on the GMC. Here's what I have done so far. Cranked up T-bars so the truck sits nearly level (about 4 turns each side). I changed the 245 tires out with 265's. This brought the gound clearance up from 13in. to about 15in.
    According to Western's congiguration settings on the plow, this means that I would set the plow to configuration No. 2 (15in.) rather than No.1(13in.).
    Is it possible to get into configuration No. 3(16in.-17.5in.) without raising the T-bars up so hi that I have to re-align the truck or kill my tires?

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Do yourself a favor and buy a set of timberns for the front, they run about $150.00 a set.

Regards Mike

3. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

Yeah, that was going to be the next step after I get the T-bars to where I need them to be.

Do they actually raise the truck or do they just not allow sag when load is applied to the front? With the plow on the truck, the truck only sags 7/8 of an inch.

4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

They make the truck not squat as much when you raise the plow. They will not raise the truck at all.

Regards Mike