1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question?? Any Help?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Focker, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Focker

Focker Member

I am removing my setup off my 96 F250 and putting it on my 06 F250. I was told I can re-use my wiring harnesses except for the headlight ones. I need to purchase an new one($290) for the different style headlights...question is...is it possible to splice on the proper pig tails for the new headlights onto my 96 harness? Or is this a bad idea and I'm just looking for trouble to save 300 bones? Any help would be great!!

P.S. Everything is new last year, so I have the isolation module setup.
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2006
  2. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

If you got it to spend, then spend the money. Much easier, and less hassle. Then you wont have to worry bout the splices getting corroded, or things like that. Good luck
  3. Focker

Focker Member

Yeah, that is probably what I will do, just to save the hassle. I was hoping someone else had done it successfully!
  4. 1olddog2

1olddog2 Member

i run my snow lights off my up-fitters switch
  5. Rampart Ranger

Rampart Ranger Senior Member

The old isolation module may or may not be functional with a little modification on the new rig. Most likely problem will be incorrect connectors. All this can probably be overcome with a little electrical common sense.

If you do not have basic automotive electrical skills - spend the bucks for an updated isolation module.
  6. Focker

Focker Member

Thanks for the replys, come to find out, I got some incorrect information! The new headlight harnesses I need are only about $100 instead of $300! So I will be getting the proper wiring instead of rigging it, everthing else can be re-used.

7. aeconcrete

aeconcrete Junior Member
    from MI

Do you still have the old undercarriage? I noticed in a different thread you said it was up on ebay. If it didn't sell, I think it will fit my 93 F150 and would be interested in buying it.
  8. killakane138

killakane138 Junior Member

Got Ya

Well If It Has 3 Wires On Each Headlight Plug, You Can Splice Them, But Make Sure You Solder Each Connecttion Point Then Shrink Wrap It, I Just Did A Conversion From A 05 Sealed Beam To A Composit Beam, And Works Great, Also My Buddy Had Done Almost The Same Thing But He Actually Bought The Harness To Convert The Two, But I Know He Didnt Pay 300 Snappers For It I Think It Was 125, But You Can Splice New Pig Tails On The Old Harness If They Have The Same Number Of Wires, And Its Trial And Error To Match The Correct Wires Together, Unless There The Same Color, Then Start From There
  9. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

spend the money then you won't have any problems when the snow is flying