1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

question about wiring on a Boss V-plow?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by tom_khollman, Nov 1, 2009.

1. tom_khollman

tom_khollman Junior Member

Does anyone know if the wiring plug ins that you have to plug into when you hook up your truck to the plow are all the same? I will be buying a new v-xt 9'2 poly for my duramax and I have a older boss rt2 v-blade on a 96 chevy, well what I want to know is wiring the same on my new plow that I am buying and the older rt2? The reason being that I want to just put a new smarthitch push beam one my 96 chevy and use the wiring and controller thats already in the truck so I can I have 2 trucks in case one fails. Thanks Tom

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your old setup will be 11 pin and your new one will be 13. Your 13 pin plow will not plug into the 11 pin harness unless you drill the two extra holes in the molded plug needed that the 13 has. It is do-able but your Smart Hitch still won't function.

So instead what you can do to make it correct is purchase the 11-to-13 pin conversion plug to convert your old 11 to 13 on the truckside. Then everything will work fine. You want Boss p/n MSC04758. Easy to install and runs around $60.