1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about wings

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by joeco129, Dec 11, 2007.

1. joeco129

joeco129 Senior Member

Anyone have wings ona 8' Pro Plus? How do you like them? Any issues? I'm thinking about getting some, along witha new cutting edge and backdrag edge. Wanted to know how much of a difference they make and are they worth the money?

2. Nestech

Nestech Senior Member

Wings

Yes they make a huge difference. I would only recommend them though if you are the owner/operator. They will NOT stand up to repeated curb impacts. If you use them for clearing a large lot they work great. Make sure you take the time to remove them if you are plowing along curbs!

3. Sawdust Bob

Sawdust Bob Junior Member
    from Il

I have pro plus wings on my 8.5 pro plus blade, They work great saves a lot of time! Never had an issue with beating them up on curbs. They are very strong:redbounce

4. joeco129

joeco129 Senior Member

Thanks for the input. I've been thinking about a new plow and the Wideout seems like the best of all worlds... but they need a year or two to get the bugs out... Make sure the wings are strong... for now I will just buy the wings...

5. matt-max

matt-max Member

got wings on a 8.5' pro plus for past few years and they work great. expensive but way tougher than pro-wings. we did manage to damage one but it still works okay, just not as well as it did. tried to repair it and had no luck....built too tough to bend back even after heating red hot with torch.

get them.

6. karol

karol Senior Member

wings

I just bought a new set-up this year. 8ft Western pro-plus with pro-plus wings. I've put about 70-80hrs on them so far. Couldn't go back to a straight blade without pro-plus wings. Do a lot of curbs on commercial lots. Just go slow and you'll be fine. Big time saver in any plowing condition.

7. schuitb

schuitb Member

Wings

Karol, did you buy the wings at the plow shop or did you order them from another place?? I'll ask my shop in town. Just can't think of ever seeing them at the store..

Does any one know a good place to get wings for a plow?? (yes the western listed below).

Thanks.

8. Sawdust Bob

Sawdust Bob Junior Member
    from Il

These are pro plus wings. They will only work on pro plus blades! They weight about 25 pounds a piece. They work great.

9. karol

karol Senior Member

pr-wing

I got them ordered when I bought the plow. Find a western dealer they can order them for you.

10. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

pro wings @ northerntool.com $149.99

I just ordered a pair on SALE from northerntool.com @ $149.99 + $36.17 S&H = $186.16 shipped to my door model # PW22'' (64lbs), I have had them in the past and they work great, good luck and let it snow