1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about wings

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by DaySpring Services, Jan 13, 2007.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I'm still contemplating putting wings on my V if we ever get more snow. Do the wings scrape or come any lower to the ground when transporting in the V position?

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

In the fill V they are a little closer to the ground if you leave them on while you are traveling. If you just bump them up a little there is no problem travailing with then on.

3. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape Senior Member

If you are worried about transporting them, just take them off and put them in your bed. It literally takes longer to walk to the bed of your truck than it does to pull them on and off. Thats one of the best features about them.

4. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

Just helped my buddy put wings on his Boss V, and I got 2 things to say.

WoW were they expen$ive....
    WoW do they push alot of snow...

They say that they fit all Boss V plows when he bought them.
    And I can tell you now that they didn't fit his without cutting and welding the mounting brackets to his plow.
    And the template is a joke.

But they just slip in, and twist, and you are good to go.
    Like SpruceLandscape said just pull them off.

I will ask my buddy if they drag in transport next time I see him.

5. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

The answer I got from my buddy is yes they will drag even over small bumps in the road.
    He said he takes them off for transport from home to the site, then he puts them on and drives in the scoop position from site to site.
    Most of these accounts are located within a 5 mile radius.

6. butler L&S

butler L&S Member

You have to be very carefull when driving around with the wings on. They make the plow WIDE. And yes they do hit the ground when in a V whenever you hit any kind of bump. I usually straighten the blade or put the plow in scoop when driving from site to site. If there is alot of traffic or I have to drive more than a couple miles I take them off. They are simple to take off and it only takes a few seconds.