1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

question about widweight

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by nicks_xj, Sep 24, 2011.

1. nicks_xj

nicks_xj Senior Member

A buddy of mine moved to florida and sold me his two season old midweight plow for real cheap and I know this is probably a stupid question but I was wondering if this plow is to heavy to put on my jeep cherokee ?
  2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

I picked a random year Cherokee in quickmatch and it only listed the suburbanite plow. You could try quick match yourself at this link http://quickmatch.westernplows.com/vehinfo.asp Just plunk in the model, year etc and then when it gets to the option to select your plow see if it comes up. If not, as I expect will be the case, you are out of luck. Cherokees are pretty small and light.
  3. nicks_xj

nicks_xj Senior Member

the quick match dosent have my model in it thats why i was asking if anybody would thinks its a good or a bad idear to try
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I don't think your Cherokee would appreciate a mId-weight. If you could get a mount for it you'd need to seriously upgrade the front suspension,
  5. highmark923

highmark923 Member

The midweight is about a 650 lbs plow and is way to much.