1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about Whelen

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by beaver2, Aug 11, 2010.

1. beaver2

beaver2 Member

Hello,

I have an older edge 9000 with 1 bad power supply. It is a 48 inch bar, with 8 strobes, takedowns, and alley lights. The bar is made in 1986/87. Its model is 9308.

I assume the power supply that is in it has to be updated. What power supply would work in this bar?

I believe the power supply is shot because the lights it powers are weak.

What would be a cheap source for a new power supply.

Thanks

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

no biggie. you can run pretty much any edge power supply in your bar usually, one of the power supplys went out on one of my edges and i replaced it with a newer eb6 power supply just had to rewire it to fit my plug.

best thing to do is pop the supply out of the bar snap a pic of it and go here and post a pic in the wanted section they go for usually 40-50 bucks takes like 10 minuts to swap out.
    http://www.elightbars.org/phpBB3/index.php

3. beaver2

beaver2 Member

thanks,

Is it necessary to replace both power supply's at one time? or will it work fine with 2 differrent power supply's?

Mark

4. THEGOLDPRO

mine works fine with 2 diffrent ones, i dunno about how yours will work tho lol

just snap a pic of what yours looks like and post it up, someone will have the one your looking for that will plug right into the bar without having to rewire it.

5. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

thats an old bar. the tubes may be shot as well. also the newer power supplies need a cable to hook up the older bar

6. beaver2

beaver2 Member

I tested the tubes on a newer power supply. They work fine. I'll replace them if necessary.

According to the retrofit instructions, It says I don't need any adapters to change a 9308 to a EB6 power supply.

I placing the order for one power supply tonight. Thanks for the help.

7. THEGOLDPRO

how much you paying for the power supply?

8. beaver2

beaver2 Member

Used but tested. $48 shipped. Hope I didn't pay too much.

9. THEGOLDPRO

sounds about right.