1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about using FF on my truck

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by excav8ter, Feb 12, 2011.

1. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

I am going to spray the under side of my truck with FF. I have washed and waxed to topside and want to treat the bottom side to prevent rust and corrosion. Any tips? I bought a gallon with the idea that I would pour it into a plastic spray bottle and just do it that way. But after getting under it and washing it down as best I could i am thinking about putting it into one of those spray jugs that you use for spraying bug or weed killer on your lawn a bushes. I have a gallon size sprayer here in the garage. If I do it this way is my container shot? or can it be cleaned out? Does anyone treat their door jams too?

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You can put FF on just about anything. It's not going to come out of a trigger squeeze bottle, nor the hand pump sprayer. You can use an undercoating gun, airless sprayer, or just grab a paint brush and go to town.

3. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

CRAP. I can't lay on my back and brush the entire underside of my truck. What's an undercoating gun?

4. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

Would something like a Wagner paint gun work?

5. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

If you go to Ebay or some FF's vendor site,you will see the guns that are sold with FF for large applications.From memory costs app. $35.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Don't put FF on anything:nono: the American economy needs your equipment and vehicles to rust away and be replaced, Using FF will slow wear, protect your possessions from corrosion and is harmful to the US manufacturing structure and should be avoided at all costs.

7. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Now that's a different spin. :p :laughing:

We actually HELP the manufacturing sector. Caterpillar, John Deere, Case/New Holland and Terex all use us as manufacturers to help protect their equipment during storage and shipment. Thumbs Up

8. BIG"J"

BIG"J" Junior Member

or buy a cheap air paint gun &add a little veggy oil to thin down . then spray away

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I'm practicing for a run at public office:laughing:

10. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

Thanks everyone. I had rotator cuff surgery recently, so i am quite limited as to what i can do. I did manage to lay on my creeper and get a lot of the truck body done.

11. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

Does veggie oil make the FF less effective?

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Buy the fluid film gun or a in-expensive undercoating gun.

13. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

I tried a air powered paint gun yesterday and it worked without thinning. It was a pretty fine mist but seemed to work ok till the air compressor blew it's cookies. I think I should have FF'd it first.

14. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

I looked for an FF gun, but couldn't find one. I figured ebay would have one. I also looked at the FF site and didn't see one, perhaps I missed it.

15. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707