1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about used plow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Jason762, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Jason762

Jason762 Junior Member
    from CT

I am looking into buying a 5 yr old Fisher MM2 that is coming off a 2001 Chevy 3/4 ton. What would be involved to get this mounted on my 2007 Dodge Ram?

2. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping Senior Member

controller and plowside will swap over. you'll need to buy mounts and wiring

3. Jason762

Jason762 Junior Member
    from CT

What's the ballpark price for mounts and wiring?

4. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping Senior Member

i have the same truck as you and i was quoted from a western dealer $450 for mounts and $600 for wiring. if you look around you might be able to find them used

5. Bigrd1

Bigrd1 Senior Member

Try ebay or craigslist for the wiring and mounts. You can usually find them a whole lot cheaper on there.

6. Jason762

Jason762 Junior Member
    from CT

OK, hopefully last questions. I am now looking at a 2 year old Fisher MM2. It is off a 208 Ford F250. I spoke to the dealer who said I would need new push plates (obviously) as well as headlight wiring. Is this the same as the Fisher Common Headlight Harness or do I need do buy something else? He said I may also need a new isolation module. Is there anything else I need to buy?

7. Bigrd1

Bigrd1 Senior Member

The headlight Kit depends on what you have for headlights. Bulbs or sealed beam headlights. I wouldn't think you would need a new iso module if your just changing the headlights. Unless there is something on the plow that doesn't work.
    Good luck in your searches!

8. Jason762

Jason762 Junior Member
    from CT

Do I need a new Common Light Kit or a new Headlight Harness?

9. Bigrd1

Bigrd1 Senior Member

I'm pretty sure that the common light kit is just the headlights and the headlight wiring to the iso module. there's a separate small harness for the headlights on the truck that goes to the iso module. you should just need a new harness for the lights on the truck. I could be wrong but that's how i see it on the website.