1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about upgrading

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by peteo1, Aug 30, 2013.

1. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I currently have a 7 1/2 HD mm2 4 port plow. I wanted to upgrade this year but its going to have to wait till next year. That being said, I want to jump to either an xls or a vee. Can I run either of them off the wiring I have or do I need to change something? If its just a matter of a couple parts what would I need? Would it be better to just sell my complete setup since its in good shape and still worth something and buy a complete xv or xls? Any help is appreciated.

2. larryhd

larryhd Senior Member
    from vermont

what do you have for a truck????

3. peteo1

Oh man, Idk how I forgot that detail. It's an 03 Dodge 2500 CCSB. It's got the hemi and I believe its the hb5 headlights

4. larryhd

larryhd Senior Member
    from vermont

What year is the plow if it was me I would sell the plow you have and go all new

5. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

Do you want to run a ezv or xtreme v? Ezv all you need is truck side control wire. If its a xtreme v or Xls you need to to add the battery cable and control harness on the truck for the the fleet flex wiring. Doing this you can still run 3 plug plow by switching 2 plugs at the module. I would just sell your current blade and get what you want next spring. An ezv can be had for under 2 grand. Also you will need new controllers

6. peteo1

Yes I would like an extreme vee or perhaps an xls. I do mainly residential so I'll probably look for an 8 1/2' extreme vee

7. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Well if running a 4 port you need a 3 to 4 port adaptor run a new control harness power cable and controller and you will have everything to run a str8 blade 3 plug and any 2 plug fleet flex.

8. peteo1

That sounds like I'll manage to eff that up for sure. Hahaha. Maybe come spring I'll sell this setup and look around for a complete vee. Thanks for the help guys!