1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about undercoating

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by MnDLawn, Feb 3, 2008.

1. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

I am going to undercoat my vehicle and I was wondering if dirt and dust stick to the Fluid Film. I don't want to get done spraying 2 gal of the stuff only to find a month later I have an inch of dust and junk stuck to the underside of the vehicle. We live on a very long dirt road.
  2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Do you get any dust on the rest of the vehicle when you drive down your drive?

Just spray off the undercarriage when you wash the rest of the truck and you will be just fine..

You know those cute girls are really concerned about a clean undercarriages.....
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Women like when guys keep their junk clean,
  4. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

man i coated my plow with fluid film when i put it away after last season and when i went to get it out for this snow season (it set's out )it was covered with all kinds of crud .
  5. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

Soooo... It will attract dirt and dust? I just don't want it to be a giant dust ball. The vehicle is lifted so you can see underneath it.
  6. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Okay, here's the deal with Fluid Film. It leaves a wet, non-drying film that cuts off all oxygen and prevents corrosion. You will get an initial dusting because of the wet surface, but dirt will not build on top of itself because Fluid Film will never get gummy or tacky.

John Deere has recommended our product on combine chains for that very reason. A light rinse is all that is necessary to clean off the dust/dirt, but the product will still remain.

BTW, if you have an old, oxidized paint job, rub Fluid Film in like a wax and it will bring the paint back like you wouldn't believe. Remember, if you don't want to leave that wet coat, you could always just rub it in. It won't last as long, but it will still work effectively.
  7. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

Well, I undercoated the truck today and I am VERY pleased with the way the Fluid Film went on. Nothing is sticking to it either! Great stuff!