1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about topless Blazers...

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by BlitzT51, May 8, 2003.

1. BlitzT51

BlitzT51 Junior Member

During what years could you get the K5 blazers where the top comes off the only one I know of is the 86...i am looking to buy one and I want to know all the years they came like this so I can pick which one i like the best....thanks

2. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I am a little confused. I thought all full size Blazers from 69 - 91 had removable tops, and the early years, the entire top came off from the windshield back. I checked my friend Aaron's site, and I am correct.

"1969-1975 Blazers are fully convertible (1969-72 are the older body style, 1973-5 are the newer.) 1976-91 Blazers are half-cab trucks, so the rear part of the top comes off."

http://www.slosh.com/cars/blazer.html

This page will give you a good run down of Blazers.

He has another site dedicated to the 1976/77 Blazer Chalet / Jimmy Casa Grande. They are quite rare.

www.blazerchalet.com

~Chuck

3. BlitzT51

BlitzT51 Junior Member

thanks for the info.... i dont know too much about blazers, i have only been interested in them recently.. thanks for the info

4. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Blitz,
    Just what are you looking to spend?

I have a 1990 Full size Blazer that I am considering selling.

Its in real good shape. If you are close by maybe you would like to take a look at it.

If so PM me

5. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I've sat in the driver's seat of Jeff's 91. It is a nice truck, in nice shape.

~Chuck

6. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Maybe if its not raining later today or tomorrow, I wash her up, and take some pics and post them along with pics of my NEW truck.
    My 2000 GMC 2500 extended cab.:D