1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about tires and wheels

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Garet, Apr 7, 2001.

1. Garet

Garet Senior Member

I have these nice chrome 8 inch wheels and I want to buy some super swampers to put on them. The only problem is the swampers are 33x12.50-15. I suppose there is no way these tires would fit on the wheels is there?

2. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

They'll fit but the tire will be sucked in pretty bad at the junction of sidewall and rim.
  3. Garet

Garet Senior Member

So it probably would be unsafe?
  4. skyphoto

skyphoto Member

I had 32x10.5x15 on 8 inch rims and never had a problem!
  5. Power mad

Power mad Member
    from Oregon

Hey all
    I just put a set of 33x12.5 Wildcat EXT's, mounted on a set of 15x8 Rally wheels on my 78 K5.
    The tires fit nice on the wheels and I didn't need a lift either.
    See ya
  6. Garet

Garet Senior Member

I think I'll just use the 8's then.
  7. bummerkit

bummerkit Member

if you just use the 8's the tire is alot more likely to pull a bead if you are off roading very much because of the stiff sidewall and the rim is so much narrower than the tire. then im just a punk kid too.
  8. Power mad

Power mad Member
    from Oregon

Hey there
    I have never lost a tire yet and I air down to 10 psi in the sand and to 20 in the woods. I run em at 35 on the street and they are wearing fine.

9. Captkaos

Captkaos PlowSite.com Veteran

A 8" rim will be less likely to loose a bead than a 10" rim. 8" rims have a bead lip on the front inside edge and a 10" doesn't.
  10. MTCK

MTCK Senior Member

10 inch wide rims have those too, so long as they are 15 or 16 inch diameter. 16.5 inch rims are lacking this lip. I've had a set of 10's with the lip. It is diameter specific.