1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about this lot.

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by srl28, Oct 23, 2010.

1. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Bidding this church parking lot. Have a number in my head but want to see where I'm at. Need a price per push and a price for salt each time/each push.

Also have another I need some help with I'll post in another thread

churchlot bid.jpg

2. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

2 inch trigger. Not open 24/7 or anything like that. No walkways along the road, just around 3/4s of the building.

3. AA+ Landscaping

AA+ Landscaping Senior Member

It looks like 2-4in. it will take about 2hours to plow it and around a ton of salt.

4. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

2-6" 50 minutes to an hour to plow
    dunno about salt, walks probably take about the same time.

5. snocrete

snocrete Banned

4in or less -- 1 hr plow & 1 ton per salt app

walks, hard to tell from pic....but guessing 1hr to shovel & salt, using 3 - 4 bgs of melt.

6. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Thinking we can do it in under an hour. Its pretty open, with only about 2 islands. No posts or anything inside the lot, just around the outside. Sorry for the bad google image. Dont have the square footage on hand, its at the shop but... What sort of pricing are we looking at per push. $195.00 per push??, salt??

7. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

As I personally don't think $195 is outrageous for that... I don't think you could get that for it.

Everyone is saying One hour. The previous contractor probably did it in an hour, the client probably knows it's a one hour plower too...so unless you have a long ways to drive there, bill out $195/hr for a truck, have massive overhead, I think your a bit high on that.

I would get em on the salt.:drinkup:

I have personally know churches to be very cheap.

8. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

True, I just threw out the $195 to see what everyone was thinking. Gotta take the sidewalks into consideration also. Everyone was giving times but no pricing, Which is more of what I'm looking for in this case. I know it shouldnt take too long. Its flat, pretty open and easy.

9. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

use the search Luke

Pricing is local.
    take your hourly rate, multiply by the time, tada!!!

Nobody except your direct competitors can give you pricing. (and they ain't gonna)

and plus 1 on the church's are usually cheap.

10. Kollen Parsons

Kollen Parsons Junior Member

1.5 to plow the lot and 1.5 to shovel and deice the walks manually at the trigger you specified (2").

400-800lbs of lot salt depending on conditions....more if they don't treat it regularly.
    1 - 2 (50lb bags) of sidewalk de-ice depending on how you apply.

Round the hours if you have minimums then apply your pricing!

In our area:

$110-$160 for a plow, $63 to $93 for walks with de-ice and $130 - $200 for lot de-ice. Total = $303 - $453 per time