1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about the new Fisher Speedcaster 2

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Makndust, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

I finally bit and bought a new fisher speedcaster 2. We would have been able to instal it in about 4 hours had the dealer sent the correct frame flanges for the reciever hitch. We thew a couple bags of sand in it and tried it out in the lot in front of my wharehouse. It seemed to work pretty good. At high speed it seems to spread sand only about 20 - 25 feet, which is fine. My question is how many spare parts, motors, etc. should I carry in stock? What kind of luck do you guys have with them? Any weaknesses?

2. chris k

chris k Senior Member

I am now going on my 3rd season with mine and till now have had no problems. Just keep it clean and greased. I do have a problem with my controler though, juice going to it and hit the switch and nothing works. Out of warranty by 5 days. :yow!:

3. iowaegian

iowaegian Junior Member
    from 1

have you checked with your dealer? Those things have a 2 year warranty I believe.

4. chris k

chris k Senior Member

not yet but i bought the spreader on 11/05/02. I am hoping that they can do something for me. A new controller is a little over $300

5. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

2nd season for me with my spreder.Works great.After the first time I loaded it all the way, the drag belt streched, and after adjusting the belt, it ha been flawless since.It does take a bit to get used to vehicle speed and how much to have the gate open, but it more than makes me money.