1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

question about strobes

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by jeff52984, Sep 30, 2009.

1. jeff52984

jeff52984 Member

Ok didnt find anything on this so sorry if it was talked about before. I am thinking about putting 4 way strobes on my truck it will only be for plowing use do any of you find this as a distraction or a pain when plowing? I havent seen them on many trucks around here but when I do I defently notice them right away and thats what I want. thanks

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

strobes will bounce off the front of the plow, some find it irritating, others don't. LED hideaways won't bounce off the plow anywhere near as much

3. 04WhiteSport

04WhiteSport Senior Member

I have 4 clear strobes on my head lights and my clear backup lights and never notice them enogh to bother me. it looks kinda cool reflecting off flying snow! I love mine and say GO FOR IT! You will love them!

4. jeff52984

jeff52984 Member

led hideaways are way away from my budget im not rich. First year plowing with my own truck but have been plowing for 6 years commercial just for companies. So with using my own truck I want to be seen want to try to avoid people that dont pay attention and want to cut you off or run into you,

5. 04WhiteSport

04WhiteSport Senior Member

I got mine for $160 new. Not that much if you are going to spend $60 on a cheap magnet kind.....

6. jeff52984

jeff52984 Member

thats what I have been noticing is I could do strobes for just alittle more than a cheaper light bar. Where did you find your so cheap and how long have you been using them?

7. Grisi24

Grisi24 Senior Member

I would find it hard pressed to find a good set of hide-a-way strobes for cheaper than the price of a good small roof light. Not to mention the head ache of installing the strobes in head lamps can be a pain.. and trust me when I say they can be a royal PITA. I have installed many. However I do love the looks of them. If your going to do it I would recommend using a good quality strobe and use water proof connections. Also look into local laws for showing white.

You could always get some from http://www.strobesnmore.com/ but it isnt a five minute project remember.

8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

They aren't that expensive....

LED HAW's:
    $65 ea. from sirennet.com, four of them would be $260 + shipping

Strobe HAW's whelen 690 power pack w/ four heads $198 + shipping

There is not a huge difference in price, just depends on what you want. I just put 8 (yea i like lights) whelen Vertex LED HAW's in my 06 and absolutely LOVE them in comparison to previous strobe kits. You mine as well get what you want from the beginning, its just easier. If you go on sirennet.com there are a TON of product videos.

9. jeff52984

jeff52984 Member

Thats the way I was looking at it just spend the money once and your done for a few I really want to be noticed and like strobes thats why I was asking about them. Im not really worried about the install time I have a garage and beer :) But with strobes do you guys think I should still run a light bar of some sort or a small strobe beacon?