1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about speedcast

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by pauls81, Dec 2, 2012.

1. pauls81

pauls81 Junior Member

I have a speedcast plow on my truck. I have a half ton truck and im using an 8' blade. I want to trade someone the 8' for a 7 1/2..... My question is, : Will the blade from a minute mount fit and work on my speedcast style system????

2. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

MM1 will for sure. I think mm2 also but havent tried it.

3. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Might have to modify the speadcast to fit his mm1 though. The jack will hit the frame depending what year the speedcast is.

4. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

Be sure to measure the width of the mounting ears on the A frame before making a swap. Your 8' plow should be 25" wide and most of the earlier 7.5 plows are only 22.5" and will not fit your pushbeam. Alot of times you can simply swap the A frames of the plows and have the setup you want.

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

retract post....

6. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

it should fit? last spring bought a mm1 blade 7'.6" and it worked on speed cast with 7'.6"