1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

question about snowbear plow

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by wawuce, Aug 5, 2004.

1. wawuce

wawuce Member

is there any way to modify the setup of the snowbear plow winches so that you can use some other lifting setup? the winch i have on mine has a tendency to lower slowly when driving around. i am aware that many of you feel this is an inferior plow but for my needs this works just fine. i hope that someone will be able to help me out. thank you
  2. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Maybe put something to hold the chain when your transporting to take the strain off the winch.
  3. wawuce

wawuce Member

i imagine that would work but is there anything i could make up so that it doesn't need to be chained up in transport. such as a lift motor from a pump or something?

KUJAWA RSK Member
    from PA

I Had a snowbear when i first got in to snow plowing .
    if you can get a winch that will hold about 2.000 lb.
    the one they give you with the plow is about 1.000 lb.
    you can get one for $200. AT NORTHERNTOOL.COM
    It is a warn winch. they have the same setup.
    take off the wire rope and use the chain snowbear gave you
    hop that help you .
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2004
  5. catskill

catskill Junior Member

snowbear plow

they make a steel roundstock hook for transporting the plow,so the thing won't bite the pavement...it hook's from uper a-frame to lower(on plow)