1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about snow doggs

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by bronco91, Feb 27, 2014.

1. bronco91

bronco91 Senior Member
    from wyckoff

hello. The company I work for has gotten approach by buyer to see if we want to become a dealer for them for all their products (snow dogg, salt dogg, scoop dogg and dumper dogg). witch means they want us to be a Distributor for them to. i was wondering what u guys think about them. pleas any information the good or the bad would be great.
    thank you

2. Polar beard

Polar beard Junior Member
    from MI

I got my first Snowdogg this year. Its a vx85. I would never have even tried them, but it came on a 2008 Ford F350 I purchased so we figured we would try it out. I am a BOSS guy at heart, but I have to admit that the Snowdogg has performed excellent and has stood up to the abuse we can put them through including stacking snow, jumping curbs, clearing lots, clearing drives, slinging snow, cutting hardpack, etc. I would not hesitate to buy another.

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Do some research on here, you'll get an idea of buyers/snow dogg products real quick.

4. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

What does that mean?

People bashing a product they don't even own?

I think they are great products. I'm sure the spreaders sell 3:1 regardless of what people say on here

5. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

Owned a snowdogg plow. Nothing but issues but the company did stand behind tyhe product. I just couldn't afford the down time.

6. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

We have no plows but do have 3 saltdogg spreaders. shpe1500, tgs07 and utg. All have trouble free for the most part. Our problem was with getting the utg. Ordered and paid in full early Dec, was told two weeks to get it by buyers. Two weeks passed no spreader. Called them, they said it would ship next week. This went on for six weeks. Every week we would call to find out where it was, every week they would say next week. Now the 1500 has trouble with chute jamming if the salt is even slightly wet. The UTG has spread everything we have ran thru it including cinders, no salt left around here. The TGS does not hold well to backing into things. :eek:

7. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

This is my first year with a Snowdogg VXF 9'-6", so I can't say I've been using it for "years", but I've logged a hell of a lot of hours with it in just this season, and I have yet to have any problems with it. I liked the price, LOVE the stainless. Don't know first-hand, but heard that their factory support has been good. If I were to buy another plow right now I'd either buy another of what I already have, or a Boss DXT with the dual trip.

8. mud

mud Senior Member

Bought a VXF 85 in may. Good plow, worked well. Ended up cracking a center hinge. Appeared to be a flaw in the steel. Went to my dealer. No parts in stock at the distributor. They gave him the ok to pull parts from a new plow to get me back up and running. Had my plow back in less than 48 hours with not only the failed wing replaced but also the other side as well.

Bought a second one a VXF 95 this time about a week later to replace the western on my other truck. I've been more than happy with them all winter. Other than that one issue they have been great and honestly the warranty service is what spurred me to purchase the second plow.

I would like to see just a hair more power in the angle cylinders and a bit more travel in the lift cylinder but other than that I have absolutely no complaints about these plows. When the time comes to add another truck to the fleet. It will have another snowdogg on it.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014