1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question About Shoe for Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PLMaint., Oct 21, 2005.

1. PLMaint.

PLMaint. Junior Member

At what height do you want to set the shoes at.
    I set them so the blade was about a 1/4 inch off the ground, but that did not work out to well so I raised them all the way so the blade sat flat on the ground, is this ok, any advise would be appreciated thank you.

2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Two step process.

1. Remove the shoes
    2. Find a door that needs to stay open.

3. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

Plow shoes make for good anchors......not much else

4. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

First of all "Welcome" to the site.
    95% of the plowers do as festerw said to do with them, the other 5% do as you did.
    But if you do choose to run them all the time to use on paved surfaces then set them up so you can just pull at average sports section of your news paper easily out from under the blade while its sitting on a level surface.
    :rolleyes: John...

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

The only time I use then is on gravel roads, in the fall before the ground freezes.
    Then I adjust them to the highest setting, so they will never touch the ground again all season, until spring, when we get those late season snows and the ground is soft and muddy.

6. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

There are lots of threads discussing this. Do a search on it.