1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

question about salt spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by rev600, Aug 11, 2009.

1. rev600

rev600 Junior Member

new to this site , i have a few questions about a salt spreader . it's a lesco commercial plus ?? anyone heard of this brand ? anyone using one ? on a scale from 1 to 10 is this a good salt spreader ?
    used condition is it worth 600.00 .

thanks

2. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

never knew they sold salt spreaders ... whats the size (volume of salt) that it carries ??.... this is gray is it ??

3. rev600

rev600 Junior Member

having a hard time posting a picture of it on here . i even tried copy and paste and still won't work but if you go to my photo's i have a picture of it there.

4. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

5. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Here is a picture of the spreader.

Looks to be that same as a SnowEx, which is a good spreader.

Rev600's spreader.jpg

6. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

yah id say its about $500 - 600 in good quality shape ... im selling my Meyer junior (equivalent) ... for same price ...

what kinda lightbar is on your truck looks like a liberty ?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  7. rev600

rev600 Junior Member

thanks cretebaby for posting that picture for me.
    groundbreakers i bought it off ebay here is the Item number: 280383015382 there is two days left on this one. he must have a ton of them the average selling price is around 150 to 175

8. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Those were made by snow ex, good units. Pain in the ass to keep filling but they spread dry salt like a dream. I spread 70K several years back with a 1075 (same unit, larger hopper) worked great, till I wised up and purchased a salt dogg.
    Did it come with a controller ? I hope it did for $600 Thats not the original lid in the pic.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  9. rev600

rev600 Junior Member

thats good to know . yes it came with everything control and wiring.
    lid was missing so i had to make one . i took a cardboard temp plate traced it on a piece of plywood cut it to fit and painted it with bed liner . also made some side pieces to give it a snug fit. hope it holds up !
    there is a guy on ebay right now selling the same one with controler for 1,500 he says used one season . but i thinks thats to high . aren't they 1,500 new ?

here's the Item number: 270441862028 for ebay if anyone is looking for one
    also a controll for the same unit , Item number: 170370802332 ..