1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about Salt Dogg SUV Pro

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by dneiding, Jan 2, 2010.

1. dneiding

dneiding Member

I have a receiver hitch mounted Salt Dogg SUV Pro salt spreader. When you turn the controller on it goes to a speed of 45 for a few seconds and then goes down to whatever the dial is set at. You can't turn the controller off until it does the 45 thing for a few seconds and you can't use the blast until it does the 45 thing for a few seconds then goes down to the set speed.

Here is my issue, I plow for my church and we salt very conservatively and the lot is only used a maximum of two days a week. When the spreader is running at 45 it is going through salt pretty quick and there are places where I just want to spread a little-bit of salt. Having to have the spreader run at 45 for a few seconds and then slow down in these areas goes through a whole lot more salt than is necessary.

Does anyone know if there is a way to make the spreader do one of two things:
    First, either turn on at the set speed (no 45 at start up) and allow you to turn it off immediately?
    Or, be able to hit the blast without first having to turn on the spreader and letting it go through the 45 thing?