1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

question about pricing

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by 09dieselguy, Aug 28, 2010.

1. 09dieselguy

09dieselguy Senior Member

im in the process of writing up a new bid form that i will be handing out to my customers this season. i made the bid form universal so it can be used for residential and commercial accounts which includes the per push, salting , sidewalk cost, and driveway's.

should i somewhere include a price for stacking or moving of the snow. obviously im not going to fire up a loader and bring it over to move the snow for free. should i make a spot in my bid form to put a price for stacking the snow after plowing is done and clean up is completed.

if a store owner or manager comes to me and ask me to move the snow i would like to put a spot in the form to put X amount of $ per hour to move snow to their request. obviously it will be talked about where they prefer the snow to be piled in regular plowing session. i have the means to truck the snow out so should i put a price down for that as well for snow removal.

im on the fence with this and any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You can put a hourly rate for the loader with a minimum. Also put a line for on site stacking and off site removal.

3. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I would just put a price for that per hour on there. It won't hurt, and then it will be set in stone.

4. 09dieselguy

09dieselguy Senior Member

very good point.

a loader will be used on 2 locations with 2 seperate loaders.

im thinking about putting a line for the loaders used at sepate locations for stacking and a friends company will truck the snow offsite.

i think your one to something here grandview as usual. thanks buddy:drinkup: